Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Birthday sis!

My sister's (and mother-in-law's, and father-in-law's, husbands, and friend Jamie's) birthday is this month.  I wanted to give her a girly, shabby chic gift so I decided to write a verse in calligraphy and put it in a cute frame.  I went to a local store and found a light pink frame that was very shabby chic.  Here's what I did...

1. I wrote out the verse I wanted to use on graph paper so I could get the spacing right.  I cut it out (couldn't find my straight scizzors, only the curvy ones) and cut up the words so that I could see which words should go on which line.  I wanted it to be nicely centered. 

2. I made faint straight lines with soap stone so that the words would be straight and then I wrote out the verse with white Ziller ink on brown paper.  Soap stone erases really easily and leaves no marks behind.  I do this for dark paper that I can't shine the light through using my light box.

3. I erased the lines, cut out the verse and  put it in my frame.

Ta-Da!!

No comments:

Post a Comment